Friday, January 8, 2010

The recipes I tried with my bread machine is producing loafs with no flavor. What is going on?

I have tried a few recipes from my manual and from online for my bread machine. The bread is coming out with absolutely no flavor. I tried chcolate chip bread and banana bread. Has anyone else had this happen?The recipes I tried with my bread machine is producing loafs with no flavor. What is going on?
I had this problem too, among others, until I began measuring my ingredients EXACTLY. Now I always end up with a perfect loaf. The following recipe has turned out to be my favorite for white/sandwich bread- and it's the easiest I've ever used- the yeast actually proofs in the pan!





BEST BREAD MACHINE BREAD (from Allrecipes.com)





INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)


1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)


2 tablespoons white sugar


1 (.25 ounce) package bread machine yeast


1/4 cup vegetable oil


3 cups bread flour


1 teaspoon salt





DIRECTIONS


Place the water, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine. Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes. Add the oil, flour and salt to the yeast. Select Basic or White Bread setting, and press Start.





I also have really good results with the Honey Wheat Bread recipe on this site. It's fantastic!





Remember to let the bread cool for a bit before slicing, but if you are tempted and can't wait, cut from the ends and let it cool before slicing the middle.





Once you get some practice in, you may also want to use your bread machine to make the dough for 'Clone of a Cinnabon', also found on this site.





Good luck! With some practice, your bread will start turning out perfect!


The recipes I tried with my bread machine is producing loafs with no flavor. What is going on?
Wouldnt know why you have no flavor very strange. What kind of breads did you make. Did you let your ingredients warm to room temp.


This is my daughters favorite a very sweet bread.


Challah





1 lb


1.5 tsp yeast


1 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp bread flour


1/4 cup sugar


1/2 tsp salt


2 Tbsp + 1 tsp veg. oil


2 egg yolks


2/3 cup water








1 1/2 lb





2 1/4 tsp yeast


2 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp bread flour


1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar


1/4 tsp salt


3 1/2 Tbsp veg oil


3 egg yolks


1 cup water





Put them in the machine as listed in your book. Usually the water goes first and the yeast last in most machines.





I have a cooking group that has about bread machine recipes plus dough and I would be glad to help you further.


Free to join and no obligations


http://groups.msn.com/CookingWithKay
I agree with the other people you should start easy with wheat or white bread. Then you can go for the gold but a good bread machine recipe book is the breadmans healthy bread book by george burnett. I don't know if it's being sold new anymore but it's a great book.
try white bread first, and once you get the hang of that then start adding more of the choco chips, bananas etc, or read the instructions again
Why not try just white bread? Simple ingredients to start off with... make sure you don't leave out the salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment