Friday, January 8, 2010

Who has some good recipes for homemade bread?

And plz don't copy it from a website because that means that it's not urs and u haven't tried it to say that it's good.Who has some good recipes for homemade bread?
I like this recipe, its easy and good!





Beer Bread


3 cups flour (has To Be sifted or bread will be hard) or 2 cups white flour, 1 cup whole wheat)


3 tsp baking powder (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)


1 tsp salt (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)


1/4 cup sugar


1 (12 ounce) can beer (use good quality beer)


1/4 cup melted butter (can add crushed garlic, black pepper and thyme)


Optional: 1 cup Cheddar cheese





Preheat oven to 375 degrees.





Mix dry ingredients and beer.





Pour into a greased loaf pan.





Pour melted butter over mixture. (also, can sprinkle some sesames seeds over the top)





Bake 1 hour, remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes.


----Who has some good recipes for homemade bread?
here is a delicious recipe that me and my family made : )





Ingrediants


1 1/2 tbsp yeast


1 1/2 tbsp kosher salt/rock salt


6 1/2 cups flour


3 cups water


1 cup water (second part)





mix yeast salt and water for 15 minutes then add the flour and mix for 5 minutes and let sit for 3-4 hours





flour hands and form little soft balls tucking all sides under then rest for 40 minutes





oven:


set oven for 375 degrees boil one cup water and put under the bread while cooking for 15 minutes then take it out. (putting the water under the bread makes it fluffier)
I use a French Bread recipe..for all my bread dough and pizza's..


===


3-1/2 cups of flour/


1-1/2 teaspoon of yeast/


1-1/4 cup of hot water/


Small amount of room temp. water for dissolving yeast/10-minutes/


Dark Corn Syrup(for the Hot Water)..and Molasses/


I'll add some Oregano..or..Blk. Pepper to the dry flour/


I like to use melted butter to oil the bowl--for the kneaded dough ball..


===


Alot of kneading is required..


I don't use sugar..I use the Dark Corn Syrup-Molasses(mixture)..


..or..Light Brown Sugar..


Sometimes I add 1/2 cup whole wheat flour--making the 3 1/2 Cups/


I still use shortening to lightly..coat my bread pans..


And I pre-heat my Oven 400[F]


..place my bread pans inside and drop the temp--%26gt;%26gt;325[F]../


Bread bakes at 35-minutes


Pizza bakes at 25-minutes..


Rising dough can take 1-hour/


Pizza Dough can take about 20-minutes(use a second rise)in the Pizza Pan..about another 20-minutes..


I let my bread fully rise in the Bread Pan.[end]
I have a good recipe but I got it off line so I will just tell you what it's called. It's called amish friendship bread and it is delicious. My great aunt used to make it for me all the time. Also check out a book called ';Artisan Bread in five minutes a day';. It is an awesome bread book that I use daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment