Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Do I need to peel zucchini to use in bread recipes?

don't peel. that is the only part of the zucchini that has any texture when baked. it also is what gives you're bread those nice green flecks throughout. just grate (don't use the middle part which is pithy, where the seeds are. (grate can be a course grate), squeeze dry on paper towels, and use as the recipe says. the drying makes a much firmer bread.


if you are adding another veggie with your zucchini such as carrots be sure to peel them.Do I need to peel zucchini to use in bread recipes?
Here is a great recipe:





Zucchini Bread


Yields: 24 servings





';Really, really good and moist- my kids eat it as quickly as I can make it. Bread will freeze well, and keep in refrigerator for weeks.';





3 cups all-purpose flour


1 teaspoon salt


1 teaspoon baking soda


1 teaspoon baking powder


3 teaspoons ground cinnamon


3 eggs 1 cup vegetable oil


2 1/4 cups white sugar


3 teaspoons vanilla extract


2 cups grated zucchini


1 cup chopped walnuts





Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).





Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.





Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.





Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes.





Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.Do I need to peel zucchini to use in bread recipes?
I never have, unless I get one where the skin is a bit on the tough side. It not only adds color and texture to your bread, but it also contains nutrients ;) Just wash well, remove any little blemishes, and shred it. If it is on the medium/larger side, do remove the seeds.





Tip: When adding chocolate and cocoa in a few batches I regularly make, I decided to incorporate 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of orange zest. This was a huge hit, still my most requested, and always the first to sell.
I ';always'; most definitely peel my zucchini and grate it to use in my zucchini bread. So great hot out of the oven, with a little butter. I also add nuts on occasion, but it good without too. Adults, children and co-workers alike just love it. They beg me to make it again and again.





If you need the recipe let me know.





Thanks!
It's your preference! Some find it cleaner if you do but others like to see the specks of green from the skin, and if you wash it well enough, there is no problem using it.





Here's a great recipe: http://www.recipe4living.com/recipes/zuc鈥?/a>
Not if it is young and tender. If you are dealing with a large squash, you should peel and seed before shredding.
I love zucchini bread w/ nuts!!! I don't think it's ever been peeled in any loaf I've eaten.....adds to the color!
No





you dont need to peel it. Just grate it whole and use as is
No, just wash and shred, grate, food process, whatever.
no just grate them and let them drip in a colander to remove the water,
I don't think it matters as long as the skin is okay?
No it is best unpeeled and grated
Yes,and I grate it too.
  • blackheads eraser
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment