Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Is bread from a bread machine always so gummy textured? Any recipes?

I followed the recipe to a 't' but I found it kind of sponge cakeish.


Has anyone got any suggestions or should I just say shag it and learn how to make bread the old fashioned way.Is bread from a bread machine always so gummy textured? Any recipes?
Personally I only use my bread machine to mix the dough then I do the rest the old fashioned way. My arthritist doesn't allow for me to do the kneeding anymore.





If it is too gooey, put in less liquid or try adding a little more flour by the tablespoons. I have lots of recipes but you can pretty much use the old reliable biscuit dough recipes and add spices, bacon bits, cheese,etc.. almost anything... to that recipe to get a different tasting bread.





This site offers LOTS of recipes though:





http://bbq.about.com/rsrch.htm?zIsPG=gSr鈥?/a>Is bread from a bread machine always so gummy textured? Any recipes?
check your flour. cake flour has less protein than bread flour. Less protien less gluten=less gumminess.
i have never had this problem, try a little less liquid in your recipes, could be the humidity in the air.
I use a bread machine all the time - for over 5 years - and have never had a ';gummy'; texture. Was the recipe originally written for a bread machine? Keep in mind that some recipes are not, and this can make a difference. You may have to adjust some of the ingredients for the machine. Check the level of gluten you're using, or milk. It's probably one of those. OR, perhaps you have it on the wrong loaf setting. Try baking it a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment