Saturday, December 19, 2009

A lot of bread recipes call for powdered milk, how can I sub in regular milk?

As you might be able to guess from my avatar I don't have a shortage of milk, however none of my cows are old enough to give powdered milk....





Is there a substitution?A lot of bread recipes call for powdered milk, how can I sub in regular milk?
Leave out the powdered milk and use milk for the water (equal measure) called for in the recipe.A lot of bread recipes call for powdered milk, how can I sub in regular milk?
Just use the fresh cow milk, and put it in your dehydrator.. or if you don't have one of those.. I know you have to have a 'smoke house'..





And,if by chance you are actually serious, I would suggest taking away some of the liquid called for in the recipe
lol lol When my hubby makes bread, he uses the milk in place of some of the other liquid. If the recipe calls for 1 c water and 2 tb powdered milk, he just subs in the milk for the water.
just use normal milk instead of powdered milk where it says in the recipe and if u cant use a measuring cup to follow the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment