Saturday, December 19, 2009

I grind my own grain. Does anyone have any good bread recipes?

I have Soft White Wheat and Hard Wheat. Thanks!I grind my own grain. Does anyone have any good bread recipes?
Banana Loaf





INGREDIENTS





1/2 cup butter


1 cup white sugar


2 eggs


3 ripe bananas, mashed


2 cups all-purpose flour


1 teaspoon baking soda


1 teaspoon baking powder


1/2 teaspoon salt


1/2 cup chopped walnuts





DIRECTIONS





Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.





In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, stir in the mashed bananas.





In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Blend the banana mixture into the flour mixture; stirring just to combine. Fold in the nuts.





Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.





______________________________________I grind my own grain. Does anyone have any good bread recipes?
Check out ';The Bread Bible';. You may be able to find it at your local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment